Tips For When You Buy a Home
Whether it’s your first, second, or getaway vacation home – you’re bound to have many questions. For example, how will you find a home that suits your needs? How much money will you need to afford the monthly payments? And how long will the home buying process take? Sound familiar? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Discover the benefits of working with a real estate professional. Types of mortgages, how to apply for a mortgage, and finding a lender are a few other factors you should know about before purchasing your dream home. While the experience can be filled with ups and downs, if you contact us, we guarantee you will appreciate your real estate experience.
|Select a Location||Determine Your Price Range|| Financial Capacity|
- Do your homework. Read the local newspaper, check the Internet, and homes for sale publications.
- Know the upper price range that you can afford and the payments that best fit your financial conditions.
- Match the price range of homes that meet your needs and shop those communities and builders.
- Gather price/plan/feature information.
- Compare the information and quantify the best locations, plan, price, features, and financing options
- Is there a school in the district? Remember this is important to another buyer when selling.
- Expect lower maintenance costs with a brand-new home.
- Never tell a seller’s agent how much you’ll raise your offer for a particular house.
- Pay attention to home plans. Changing layouts of rooms or expansion later can be costly.
- Pay attention to the original listing date; Sellers tend to be more flexible in the price the longer the home is on the market.
- Do you know what similar homes market value is?
- Re-modeling a kitchen is expensive. So be sure of what you need and want before you buy